Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Once Upon a Spring Break!

This past week was spring break! Best week of the year! There's just something wonderful about sunny, spring weather...

except that it's been RAINING (just about all week).

Seriously?!

I shouldn't complain, though.  I accomplished a good bit around the house, & even FINALLY finished filing my taxes. Hallelujah!

Here are 5 exciting ways I spent my break:

1. I had a sleepover with the sweetest littles.  When it was too rainy to be outside, we played The Ladybug Game.  It has soo many awesome reviews, and let me tell you... they don't lie! This game was perfect for counting, and even a 3 and 4 year old were able to play successfully (and I wasn't losing my mind trying to get them to follow the directions either)!


2. Hubby & I ventured to Cabella's for an afternoon.
Don't worry.
He was kind enough to endure a trip to Target afterwards.  
If that's not love, I don't know what is.



3. What's spring break without a beach day?!
Clouds & raindrops can't stop us from having a girls day at the beach... even if it's spent searching for wild beach horses instead of tanning in the sand.


4. Hubby was deployed for my 30th, so we (finally, finally, finally) had a chance to celebrate late this week.  We spent a rainy day at Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
Then went to see...

WICKED!



AaaaaMAZING!
I'm in love. And feeling like defying gravity. :)



5. Because I'll have to be getting back into school mode here shortly, I'll leave you with some fairy tale writing.
In 2nd, we studied a lot of fairy tales, including different versions of each.
At the end of our unit, we LOVED writing our own fairy tales.
I whipped up a graphic organizer, fancy fairy tale final draft paper, & a prince/princess crown for display.
You can get your own here!


fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2_thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment