Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

You're Tougher Than You Think

Mud. Electrodes. Ice Water Dunks. High Dives.
All of these things sound ridiculous.
All of these things were just a small fraction of the latest obstacle course craze.
Tough Mudder.

I'd been asked by friends to try this event before, but I could never bring myself to do it.  Really?! I thought these people must've gone mad.  That all sounds downright awful.

Turns out, my husband and some of his co-workers wanted to give it a go.
I was hesitant.  Not of the 10-12 mile long run.  I don't mind pushing my running limits.  But electrodes?! Torturous.

I finally agreed to be a part of the team, if only for the opportunity to do something else "fun" before my husband's upcoming deployment.  But I was nervous.  Right up to the very minute the pumped up announcer shouted "GO!"

Turns out, it was SO FUN!  I felt tough.
Even though I'll admit that I chickened out and snuck around the electrodes at the end of the course instead of running through them.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
It was super exciting to get an orange headband.  Who knows? Maybe next year, I'll go for the green one!

What have you tried lately???

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I'm sure it was a blast!

    I'm just now getting into running... the thought of adding OBSTACLES? Not this year!

    ReplyDelete